Sukhwinder for best singer
Sukhwinder wanted to take this award from AR Rahman and so he called him up on the stage to take the award from his hand. Sukhwinder also said, “I have performed all over the world, I would like to request the jury members that please give me an opportunity to perform at the Filmfare Awards.”Jodhaa Akbar has 17 nominations
Ashutosh Gowariker has just arrived. He says, “Jodhaa Akbar has 17 nominations. I wish we get all the awards.” When asked about the anchors and fun on stage he said, “I am looking forward to the award as this is people’s choice award. I am looking forward to fun too. I already have two Filmfare trophies and I wish to add some more to the collection.”
Watch Video | redcarpet
A R Rahman AR Rahman says, “I have won an Oscar but Filmfare is Asia’s biggest award function so I am here. My wife couldn’t come as she is taking care of the kids back in Chennai.” Slumdog Millionaire cast and crew has come at the award function minus Dev Patel, Freida Pinto and Danny Boyle. They are here to cheer for AR Rahman.
Shankar, Ehsaan Loy come in...
They are the men in black for tonight, sporting glares to go with their all-black attire. And just where is Shankar Mahadevan? "Oh, he's at some gig somewhere," they tell us. Nominated for 'Music Direction' for 'Rock On!!', Loy says, "The music in the film is not conventional. It's niche. But let's see what happens tonight. A few surprises will be good." Their toughest competitor? "Well, everybody's a good bet. But with Rahman having brought the Oscar home, he's the favourite of course, we assume he'll win. And he's genuinely a great professional and good human being. So as long as someone good wins, we really don't mind!" So is this musical duo going to be wearing their glares even in the auditorium? "That depends, if the sun goes down on us, we'll just remove them," they laugh.
Venue : Yash Raj Studios in Andheri | February 28, 2009
- Best Director: Ashutosh Gowariker from Jodhaa Akbar
- Best Film: Ashutosh Gowariker and Ronnie Screwvala for Jodhaa Akba
- Best Actor (Male): Hrithik Roshan from Jodhaa Akbar
- Best Actor Female: Priyanka Chopra for Fashion
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Om Puri (Lifetime achievemen...Again?)
- Best Director (Critic): Nishikant Kamat for Mumbai Meri Jaan
- Best Actor (Critic): Manjot Singh for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
- Best Actress (Critic): Shahana Goswami for Rock On
- Outstanding Performance: Prateik Babbar for Jaane Tu ... Ya Jaane Na and Purab Kohli for Rock On
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Bhanu Athaiya
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male): Arjun Rampal for Rock On
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Female): Kangana Ranaut for Fashion
- Best Story: Abhishek Kapoor for Rock On ; Presented by Neil Nitin Mukesh and Atul Kulkarni.
- Best Screenplay : Yogesh Vinayak Joshi and Upendra Sidhaye for Mumbai Meri Jaan
- Best Dialogue: Manu Rishi for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! ; Award presented by Manmohan Shetty
- Best Music Director: AR Rahman for Jaane Tu ... Ya Jaane Na
- Best Lyrics: Javed Akhtar for Jashan-e-Bahaara ( Jodhaa Akbar )
- Best Playback Singer (Male): Sukhwinder Singh for Haule Haule ( Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi )
- Best Playback Singer (Female): Shreya Ghosal for Teri Ore ( Singh Is Kinng )
- Best Debutant Male: Farhan Akhtar for Rock On
- Best Debutant Female: Asin for Ghajini
- Sony Filmfare Best Scene of the Year: Yash Chopra for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi ‘Flower on the Dining Table’ scene
- Best Background Score: A R Rahman for Jodhaa Akbar
- Best Costumes: - Manushee Sharma for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
- Best Cinematography: Jason West for Rock On
- Best Sound Design: Vinod Subramanyam and Bela for Rock On
- Best Choreography: Longines for Pappu Can’t Dance Sala. (Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na)
- Best Editing: Amit Pawar for Mumbai Meri Jaan
- Best Production Design: Vandan Kataria and Monica Angelica Bhowmick for Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!
- Best Action: Peter Hein for Ghajini
- Best Visual Effects Award: John Deitz for Love Story 2050