Daud/OttamLast Updated : 07-01-2010Category : Movies > HindiYear : 1997
Daud - Details
Daud (Hindi: दौड़, meaning Run) is a 1997 Hindi movie by Ram Gopal Varma, starring Sanjay Dutt and Urmila Matondkar, with music composed by A. R. Rahman. This was loosely based on the Telugu movie Kshana Kshanam starring Venkatesh and Urmila Matondkar.
The soundtrack was re-released as a non-film album titled Ottam with lyrics by Pazhani bharathi in Tamil.
Daud - Reception
After the success of his previous movie "Rangeela", "Daud" was much anticipated but failed to be a box office success. Filled with tongue in cheek innuendos and some very sensual song picturizations, Daud failed to register with the audiences.This film had some very good actors and A. R. Rahman at the helm in the music department. the story follows two petty thieves being chased by the police and mafia throughout the film, thus the title Daud(run). Manoj Bajpai played a small part in this film (he would later on work with RGV in "Satya" which made him a bonafide star). It was dubbed into Tamil and Telugu.
One of the song Zehreela Zehreela Pyar came heavily under the censor scanner for its rather bold picturization.
Daud - Cast and Crew
- Directed by Ram Gopal Varma
- Produced by MURLIMANOHAR CREATIONS PVT. LTD. | P. Som Shekar
- Written by Kanan Ayar, Sanjay Chel, Ram Gopal Varma
- Starring Sanjay Dutt, Urmila Matondkar, Paresh Rawal, Neeraj Vora, Ashish Vidyarthi, Manoj Bajpai
- Music by A. R. Rahman
- Cinematography Rasool Ellore
- Editing by Bhanodaya, Ram Gopal Varma