En Swasa KaatreLast Updated : 07-01-2010Category : Movies > TamilYear : 1999
Got more? Share Here as comment and help rahmanism :)
En Swasa Kaatre - Details
- En Swasa Katre (My Life Breath) is a 1999 Indian Tamil romance film.
- The film was released in Feb 1999 in India and worldwide.
- The actress Isha Koppikar debuted in the South Indian film industry with this film.
- The film was first announced in 1997 as Love Letter and was later retitled En Swasa Katre.
- There was lot of speculation that A.R. Rahman, the film's composer was producing this film along with the production house, but this turned out to be false.
- The pre-release stills were released on some AR Rahman fansites two years ealier.
- With Arvindswamy's Engineer(film) and Mudhal Mudhalaaga announced at the same time in which both these films were to have music by A.R Rahman. Unfortunately these films remained unmade to date.
- The re-recording of the film is done on DTS 5.1 sound.
- Coupled with vibrant cinematography, a wide variety of locales such as the temples of Indonesia, Sand mines, Indoor studio apartments for film and song sequences has been used.
- An impressive song sequence found in the film was filmed entirely in rain in contemporary city settings to a foot tapping melody.
- The highly acclaimed soundtrack features 6 songs composed by A. R. Rahman, with lyrics by Vairamuthu.
- The soundtrack of this film was well received upon its initial release. Notably, song sequences in this film got considerable TV audience via music dedication through various primetime programs on Indian television and remained on the top 10 charts for a period of time.
- The soundtrack has been acknowledged as one of A.R. Rahman's best works to date in the 1990s.
- Parts of the song "En Swasa Katre" are syncopated as in Karnatak music compositions.
- In the style of Enigma, the French group which blends religious music and pop, a church chorus is used in one of the interludes.
- The director K.S. Ravi had not been seen in new projects in the film industry since the release of this film.
- This is the last film of Arvind Swamy in a commercial lead role who seems to have retired from the acting scene. The actor then re-appeared in a low profiled arthouse movie "Sasanam" in 2006
- Actress Isha Koppikar moved on to have a brief successful stint in Bollywood.
- The shelved film Engineer which was to have Arvind Swamy and Madhuri Dixit in lead roles has been restarted in 2007 with a different cast.
- This was dubbed into Telugu as Premante Pranamista.
- The song Kadhal Nayagara, was remade in the Hindi Movie Pukar, for the song Kay Sera Sera.
- The song Oru Thuli was shot with Arvind Swamy on a motorbike because A.R.Rahman had composed the track with motorbike sounds at the start and the end of the song. It was a very famous scene and Arvind Swamy had to learn how to ride a motorbike just for this shot.
En Swasa Kaatre - Cast and Crew
- Directed by K.S.Ravi
- Produced by Nikaba films
- Music by A. R. Rahman