Kadhalar Dhinam/Dil Hi Dil MeinLast Updated : 07-01-2010Category : Movies > TamilYear : 1999
Got more? Share Here as comment and help rahmanism :)
Kadhalar Dhinam/Dil Hi Dil Mein - Details
- Kadhalar Dhinam (English: Lovers Day / Valentine's Day) is a 1999 Tamil film
- This film is based upon love which started upon an internet chatroom and how it developed.
- The movie stars a newcomer Kunal
- This film was also known as the transition film between the 20th Century and the 21st Century.
- The film was released April 1999 and was a box-office record breaker.
- Also referred to the film that introduced the millennium perfectly.
- It was also the first Tamil language film to feature a full themed love story revolving around the Internet.
- The composer of the film A.R. Rahman had listed the soundtrack as one of his favourite works made by him
- The film's success prompted Hindi Distributors to dub the film in Hindi as "Dil Hi Dil Mein".
- However, director Kathir had actually reshot scenes in Hindi featuring actor Kunal and Anupam Kher [Replacing the Kunal-Manivannan tracks] conversing in Hindi while Johnny Lever's scenes replaced the Goundamani Tracks [Even though he appeared briefly for the Chand Aaya Hai song] with the same Titanic hairdo.
- Even the tracks dubbed from the Tamil version were reshot with Hindi synchronization sans for the first line of Roja Roja.
- Actor Nasser, though dubbed in Hindi, had given his Hindi synching in the song "Sawar Gayee".
- Though actors Kunal and Sonali Bendre had synched their dialogues in Hindi, the rest of the film was dubbed
- It was a flop at box office.
Kadhalar Dhinam/Dil Hi Dil Mein - Cast and CrewCast >
- Kunal as Raja(Buvanendiran)
- Sonali Bendre as Roja
- Nassar as Ramachandra
- Rambha (Cameo)
- Manivannan as Manivannan
- Goundamani as Romeo
- Chinni Jayanth as Mandi/Madan (Hindi version)
- Johnny Lever as College Professor Jack (Hindi version)
- Anupam Kher as Colonel (Hindi version)
- Director: Kathir
- Story: Kathir
- Producer: A.M. Ratnam
- Music: A. R. Rahman
- Art Director: Thotta Tharani
- cinematography: P. C. Sriram