Duet/Tu Hi Mera DilLast Updated : 18-05-2010Category : Movies > TamilYear : 1994
Duet - Tamil – Downloads
Duet (Tamil: டுயட்) (1994) is a Tamil feature film directed by K. Balachander, starring Prabhu, Meenakshi Seshadri, Ramesh Aravind and Prakashraj. The film's score and soundtrack is composed by A. R. Rahman. Duet's score is centred around the saxophone.
Movie dubbed to hindi as “Tu Hi Mera Dil”.
Cast and Crew
- Produced by : Rajam Balachander | Pushpa Kandasamy
- Starring :
- Music by : A. R. Rahman
All songs were composed by the music composer A. R. Rahman with all lyrics by Vairamuthu. The soundtrack features 7 songs, 2 recitals and 3 instrumental pieces. The saxophonic instrumentation was done by Kadri Gopalnath and Raju. Gopalnath who is now an icon in Indian instrumental music got to public fame only after this album.
He once told about this album, "I played some 30 ragas for Rahman. He wasn't satisfied. Finally I played Kalyana Vasantam, and he said, "Thats it!" ".
- On director Priyadarshan's request A. R. Rahman remade the song "Anjali Anjali" in the bollywood film Kabhi Na Kabhi starring Pooja Bhatt and Anil Kapoor. Original song in Tamil was sung by S. P. Balasubramaniam and the Hindi version by Kumar Sanu.
- The film introduced Kadri Gopalnath into Commercial movies and the film's theme music was fully composed using saxophone.
- This is the first film of actor Prakashraj. In remembrance, he named his production house Duet Movies.
- This is a film in which Meenakshi Seshadri, a Tamilian who acted in Bollywood, starred in a Tamil movie after a long gap and the film has a tag line which goes "My fair lady".